BANKING AUTHENTICATION AND THE FFIEC: Business Customers Crave Biometrics
|BANKING AUTHENTICATION AND THE FFIEC|
Enterprise vs. Department
|Companion webinar: How to Maximize Your FFIEC Compliant Authentication Implementation without Sacrificing Profits.|
|Have a question?? Call us at (925) 271-2110 or email us|
Last year’s release of the FFIEC’s “Supplement to Authentication in an Internet Banking Environment” left many in the financial industry with questions about how to effectively balance the expectations of regulators with that of consumers. In being both specific and broad, this guidance provided a greater degree of latitude in implementing an authentication strategy to protect consumer accounts from compromise.
As a result, an additional degree of direction is needed in order to deploy a truly comprehensive authentication strategy, one that requires an understanding of not just which technologies are best in any given situation, but also how they will affect the consumer experience. Providing FIs with a more complete view of each type of authentication technology, and insight into how to achieve balance between optimizing security and consumer satisfaction, is at the heart of this year’s report.
Key Questions this Report Answers:
- What are the regulatory expectations, expressed within the 2011 FFIEC supplemental guidance, as they apply to authentication?
- What are the consumer perceptions of each authentication type?
- What are the strengths and vulnerabilities of each authentication type?
- Which authentication types best lend themselves to specific consumer interactions?
- How can an FI implement a secure authentication solution that satisfies both consumers and regulators?
Price: $1,500 (43 pages; 16 charts/graphs)