Mobile banking adoption is increasing rapidly, with 45% of mobile consumers using mobile banking in the past 90 days. The importance of the mobile channel to future growth cannot be overstated as 71% of consumers using mobile banking believe that online or mobile banking is sufficient for their banking needs. With 100% of the top 25 banks now offering mobile banking, vendors are turning greater attention to mid-size and smaller banks and credit unions. In this fourth annual review, Javelin provides a highly detailed, competitive analysis and ranking of 11 leading mobile banking providers. With the continuing maturation of the channel, vendors are now segmenting their offerings and therefore a detailed, comparison of eight standardized, out-of-the-box solutions and eight- higher-end, customizable solutions are provided. Intended for both institutions and vendors, this report can be used as a strategic guideline for institutions developing their mobile strategy and/or selecting a vendor. For vendors, this report includes evidence-based guidelines, strategies and tactics for building out a vision and a solution that can move successfully into the future.
- What are key criteria financial institutions should consider when developing a mobile banking strategy?
- Which vendors have the best mobile banking solutions in the industry?
- How have vendors changed their practices in 2013 and why?
- Which practices have been widely adopted by vendors, and which practices should be adopted?
- Where is the industry heading? What are best practices for the future?
- Which operating systems do vendors need to support and why?
- Which vendor offers the best standard, out-of-the-box solution?
- Which vendor offers the best higher-end, customizable solution?
- Which is the best-in-class mobile banking vendor for 2013-2014?
Jacky Henry & Associates
- 3,285 respondents collected online in July 2013.
- 3,213 respondents collected online in September 2013.