- How big is the double-dipper dilemma?
- Which consumers should FIs target first?
- What marketing messages will resonate most effectively?
- How can FIs make it easier to turn off paper statements?
- What features will make paper statements obsolete?
Consumer data in this report is based primarily on information collected in a panel of 10,768 consumers in an online survey conducted from June to July 2017. The margin of sampling error is ± 0.94% at the 95% confidence level.
Analysis by Size of FI
The analysis of FIs by size was based on where consumers maintain their primary banking relationship. FIs were divided into four categories determined by total deposits, according to rankings by American Banker:
- Giant banks: deposits greater than $750 billion (Bank of America, Chase, Citibank, and Wells Fargo)
- Regional banks: from $30 billion to $750 billion in deposits
- Community and small regional banks: less than $30 billion in deposits
- Credit unions
Digital Banking Scorecards
Javelin evaluated online and mobile banking features at the nation’s 28 largest retail FIs (measured by total deposits), excluding banks focused on investment banking. To provide a customer’s perspective, accountholders with seasoned checking and credit card accounts collected data for about 225 online features and 125 mobile features. Data was collected from June to August 2017. All findings were reviewed and individually weighted by Javelin analysts.