Apple Pay. PayPal. MCX CurrentC. Google Wallet. MasterCard MasterPass. Softcard. And the list goes on. Which wallet will win over the consumer over the coming years?
In 2014, over half of mobile purchasers bought physical goods using their smartphones. As proximity payments gain in popularity, these payments will rise from roughly $3 billion in 2013 to $53 billion by 2019. With one of the biggest announcements of the year, Apple finally threw its entry into the mobile payments ring with Apple Pay. But will Apple Pay prove to be a successful model for consumers, merchants, mobile network operators, and financial institutions?
Join us in this webinar as we provide a state of the union look at the mobile wallet ecosystem, discuss the major wallet models, and identify winning strategies, technologies, and players over the next few years. We will explore:
- What is the consumer readiness for mobile wallets?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages among NFC, HCE, cloud, bar code, beacon, and hybrid mobile wallets?
- What is Apple Pay and how does it change the mobile wallet equation?
- Of the major competitors in the mobile wallet space, which has the best chance of success?
- Which consumer groups are likely to scan QR codes or use contactless payments?
- How willing are consumers to be tracked in‐store (beacons)?