- How many banking relationships do small businesses have?
- What does it mean to a “primary” FI?
- Which products tend to be sought at “secondary” FIs?
- What should the role of the relationship manager be in deepening small business banking relationships among the highest-value clients?
- What digital tools can banks offer to encourage greater engagement and relationship depth?
The small business data in this report are based on information collected in a random-sample panel of 1,000 small businesses and microbusinesses in a March 2017 online survey. Javelin defines microbusinesses as those with annual revenue between $100,000 and $1 million and small businesses as those with revenue between $1 million and $10 million.
The consumer data in this report are based on information collected in a random-sample panel of 10,585 consumers in a May 2017 online survey.