Financial institutions are implementing or planning new faster payment solutions from same day to real-time transactions and creating roadmaps for new products with faster payment solutions embedded. Simultaneously, attention is being given to protecting faster transactions and preserving the trust customers have in their banks and credit unions to protect their financial transactions. A new research report from Mercator Advisory Group titled Faster and Real-Time Payments Fraud reviews these trends, challenges, and solution.
“At the same time that financial institutions are wrestling with new fraud types and the rise of tactics like business email compromise, they are rolling out new faster payments solutions that innately allow less time to detect criminal activity. The good news is that the security providers are responding with solutions. The implementation and adaptation of these solutions to individual operating environments needs to be the focus,” comments Sarah Grotta, Director, Debit and Alternative Products Advisory Service at Mercator Advisory Group and author of the report.
This research report has 15 pages and 3 exhibits.
Companies and other organizations mentioned in this report include: ACH Alert, Brighterion, Early Warning, Experian, Faster Payments Service (U.K.), Feedzai, Federal Reserve, FICO, GIACT, LexisNexis, Mastercard, NICE Actimize, NuData Security, Rambus, RiskRecon, The Clearing House, Verafin, and Visa.
One of the exhibits included in this report:
- Mercator Advisory Group’s forecast for faster payments adoption by channel
- Discussion of the unique challenges of faster payments fraud and a look at challenges experienced in the United Kingdom, where real-time payments have been available for over a decade
- Evolving fraud capabilities including account ID and verification, account validation, analytics and artificial intelligence
- Mention of vendors advancing faster payment fraud mitigation tools
- Beyond the technology solutions, potential laws and policies that will influence liability for faster payment
Learn More About This Report & Javelin
Consumers are on a quest for value and convenient ways to pay. Retailers and merchants want to boost sales and cut costs. These interests can get together through retailer debit ca...
Changes are afoot in the debit card market as higher prices drive more consumers toward credit for everyday payments and users increasingly demand digital payment technologies. Thi...
Digital banks and some major issuers are incentivizing customers with debit rewards and other perks. The rewards, most commonly cashback, have proven popular with consumers and inc...